Saturday, July 30, 2005

It's Campmeeting Time


Last week we enjoyed a couple of days at the Hillsboro Family Camp. We have only missed a few times since 1987. It's always fun seeing old friends and hearing great preaching. I got to hear my friend Jeff Faull preach a couple of times. Also picked up a CD of one of Tony Sullivan's messages. Hillsboro had a big impact on me when I was a rookie preacher. I've had the opportunity to speak there twice, and Lord willing, will preach again next summer.

This week my son and I will join some other guys from our church at The Northmen. This meeting has a much different "flavor." It's all men & boys, camping out in the middle of the woods in northern Michigan (the nearest town is 12 miles away). No electricity or indoor plumbing (bathing is done in the creek). This too, is a wonderful opportunity to fellowship with old friends. More importantly, it's a great time for father & son bonding.

No comments: