Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six Years Ago

I was in Missouri preaching at a Revival. I remember hearing on the radio that a plane had hit one of the twin towers. Thinking it was a small plane, I thought, “That’s strange.” My host gave me a tour of the area that morning. It wasn’t until lunchtime that we heard what happened. We scrapped the Revival plans and simply has a prayer service that night.

Just a few weeks prior to 9/11, Tracy and I had been at the Pentagon. I couldn’t help but wonder, “What if…?”

I wanted to be with my family back in Virginia. After the Revival, I had to rent a car and drive home (I had flown out there, but wasn’t sure that the FAA would lift the “grounding” order in time for me to get home). One year later, 9/11 was on a Wednesday. We had a Remembrance Service. It was one of the most powerful services I have ever experienced.

2 comments:

preacherman said...

Great post brother.
I would love your thoughts at my blog on this day. God bless and we will never forget.

Anonymous said...

I was driving down the road on the way to the office - I can remember sitting in the car listening to the news so long that someone came looking for me...I thought to myself, everything changes now!