Friday, October 17, 2008

Teenage Pyros


This one is for all the parents of teenage boys. A couple of nights ago, Luke and his friend were coming into the garage with a spray can. I asked what they had been doing and they said they had been burning stuff. What?! (cue the fatherly lecture about playing with fire, especially while using an accelerant, "you could have burned the barn down", etc.).

Yesterday I walked into the house and it smelled like oil or smoke or something. I suspected that they had been in the barn. So I walked out to the barn and it was full of smoke (a chemical smell). Furious, I found them in Luke's room and got them to confess that they had been burning the old pool noodles. I can only imagine the noxious chemicals that stunt produced. I'll spare you the details, but the Wrath of Dad came down.

Later, my repentant son said, "Dad, teen boys like to burn stuff. Just to see what it will do." I know son. I once was one.

3 comments:

David H. Willis said...

I remeber all the fun I had with hairspray & a bic lighter. I waqs Gene Simmons blowing fire! Good memories.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike...didn't you and your friends invent fire?

Anonymous said...

Hair spray + PVC pipe + a sack of potatoes + fire = tater gun... and one heck of a good time.