Saturday, January 01, 2011

Bible Reading Plan for 2011

Happy New Year everyone! It's hard to believe that it's 2011 already. Life does seem move by faster as the years go by.

For many years my Bible reading plan has alternated between reading the entire Bible in a year and reading the New Testament in several different translations (switiching every other year).  Yesterday I finished the "Read through the Bible in a Year" program that The Lookout magazine publishes each year. This year I'm beginning my New Testament reading plan with a new translation, The Common English Bible.  The publisher sent me a freee copy. I think I'm going to enjoy it. Also, I'm reading through the Psalms via the YouVersion app on my phone.  I hope you will find a plan that works for you. Remember, it's not about getting through the Bible; it's about getting the Bible through you! God bless you.

2 comments:

Conley said...

Joe Thompson, Bobby Gross and myself are doing YouVersion's chronological in a year plan together. First time I've done one of these, and I'm stoked!

Jeff Randleman said...

I use one I put together for our teens. It's designed so that when you read abou David and Bathsheeba, for example, you'll also read Psalm 51 that week. The first week of January lists, Genesis 1-5, Colossians 1, John 1, Hebrews 1, all about beginnings.

Your alternate years idea is creativ. Might ave to try that one sometime.