Friday, January 27, 2012

Annual Men's Retreat

Tonight begins Cedar Creek's annual Men's Retreat at Lake James Christian Assembly. It is always a great time of fellowshp and learning. I’m excited about the guest speaker we will have with us. Dr. Mark Scott served for many years as a professor at Ozark Christian College. Recently he moved to Denver Colorado to serve with a church there. He is a terrific communicator of God’s Word. I have been blessed by his preaching several times over the years. He will also be preaching at Cedar Creek on Sunday.

Over the past few years, we have been blessed by a number of great preachers at the retreat and during Sunday morning worship -- men like Matt Proctor, Mark Moore, Mark Christian, Bob Russell and David Willis. Each has their own style and unique way of delivering the Word. Phillips Brooks defined preaching as "truth through personality" -- I like that. Regardless of who it is delivering the Word, God can use that man to speak to his people. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches" (Rev. 2:7).

1 comment:

David H. Willis said...

I enjoyed my time there. It was a great time & I'm sure this year was as well.