Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thoughts About Boston


My heart ached when I heard the news and saw the reports from the Boston Marathon yesterday. Evil does exist in the world.  The events in Boston really struck a nerve. I can’t imagine the terror and confusion in the moment and the grief in the aftermath (I’m especially feeling for the runner whose son was killed and wife and daughter injured).  I have participated in a number of big races through the years, especially Richmond, so I could imagine being near that finish line. The atmosphere is always upbeat, positive, and celebratory. And to be shattered in an instant by a senseless act. I don’t get it. I agree with what Bob Russell tweeted yesterday: “The evil one seeks to kill, steal & destroy. Don't cower in fear. Let’s run to the only safe haven - the will of God. He will overcome!”

No comments: