Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Third Day


The new Third Day CD was released today. These guys rock! I've been listening to them ever since their first release back in '96 (the one with the giant peach reflecting in the window of the old bus). Praise Song is still being sung in worship all over the country, and Consuming Fire still gets to me (and it is awesome when performed live). Still, they've come a long way since then.

The new album is pretty good. My friend Donny Goff told me about the sneak preview he got while attending a Youth Leader's conference. He mentioned the song Communion. Wow!

This is the body
This is the blood
Broken and poured out
For all of us
In this communion
We share in His love
This is the body
This is the blood

I will remember everything, Lord
That you've done for me
I won't take for granted
The sacrifice that set me free
I hunger and thirst for Your love
Come fill me today

We hunger and thirst for Your love
And Your righteousness
We long for Your presence here, Lord
Be with us again

Even though it's a bit "rock-ish" for the older crowd, I've got to figure out how to use this in a worship service sometime.

No comments: