Friday, August 18, 2006

More About the Island


The bike ride was awesome! We rented some mountain bikes and traveled off the main roads, following trails in the wooded areas. I had no idea how many private homes are on the island (and I had no idea how out-of-shape I am). We discovered a place called The Inn at Stonecliffe. Somehow we stumbled upon one of the golf courses (riding on the cart paths for a little while) and then the airport. We must have ridden 8-10 miles (and yes, our legs expressed their displeasure the next day). It was a lot of fun. (Oh, and now I want a mountain bike!).

That night (back on the mainland) we ate at a place called Audie's. I had elk for the first time. It was really tasty.

I hope it won't be another 20 years before we return to the island.

No comments: