Saturday, July 05, 2008

July 4th in Leo, Indiana

We had a wonderful July 4th celebration in “Mayberry.” It seemed like the entire community came out to enjoy the festivities. We arrived around 6:00pm and set up our lawn chairs. The Cedar Creek youth were selling pop and water, and there were several church family members gathered at the park. There was plenty of food, games, and fun events. Despite having lived here only five years, I still saw several people I recognized from the community . I enjoyed walking around and talking to people (something about the preacher gene – I can’t help myself). The weather was perfect and the fireworks show was spectacular.

I hope your holiday was a good one.

1 comment:

Kathy Douglas said...

Makes me homesick for INDIANA! I'll miss everyone at the Creek tomorrow, but my thoughts and prayers will be with you as we travel home!