Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just for Fun

Preaching about the Holy Spirit this week. He's a wonderful gift. But some have sorta gone off the deep end. One of my friends wondered about a Foxworthy-esque list about it. Here's what I came up with:

You might be a Spirit-filled believer if...

You TiVo TBN.

You own the complete unabridged works of Benny Hinn.

You named your dog "Glossolalia."

You ask your barber to give you the Rod Parsley look.

Your church services are BYOS. Bring Your Own Snake.

You have a bumper sticker that reads, "My kids and my money go to ORU."

Your Facebook profile lists you as President of the "Special Anointing,
Double-Portion, Fire-Baptized, Extreme Unction Holy Ghost Fan Club."

You don't find the YouTube "farting preacher" clips the least bit funny.

You once tried to pray the "prayer of resurrection." At the funeral
home. During the funeral.

Your favorite movie is Robert Duvall's "The Apostle."

You once owned all of Jimmy Swaggart's albums...(wait for it),
but you had to return them because the holes in the middle kept healing up.

3 comments:

David H. Willis said...

Your friend is very funny - good stuff.

Soren said...

Actually it was my list. Yes, I have no life.

David H. Willis said...

It reminded me of the good old nitpicker days.