Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Together for the Gospel

I am attending the Together for the Gospel Conference in Louisville this week. Day One was great. Mark Dever had an outstanding message. And they are giving away books galore. At the beginning of each new main session there are four new books on the seats. The worship is wonderful. 7000 men singing In Christ Alone -- wow! But the highlight of Day One was was meeting my old friend Derek Penwell for supper. Derek and I have known each other since elementary school days (we attended church camp together). We reconnected in college (playing on the baseball team and rooming next door to each other). He was one of the groomsmen in my wedding. We haven't seen each other in over 20 years. It was great to catch up.

I'm looking forward to Day Two with heavy hitters John MacArthur and John Piper.

No comments: