Monday, July 31, 2006

Campmeeting Time Again


Last week we atended the Hillsboro Family Camp. We have only missed a few times since 1987. It's always fun seeing old friends and hearing great preaching. I preached on Thursday night. I was quite nervous. They have a clock next the pulpit that counts backwards (HFC is known for staying on schedule). So if you isten to the CD, I'm talking very fast (I probably tried to cover too much material).

This week my son and I will join some other guys from our church at The Northmen. This meeting has a much different "flavor." It's all men & boys, camping out in the middle of the woods in northern Michigan (the nearest town is 12 miles away). No electricity or indoor plumbing (bathing is done in the creek). And the weatherman says that it will be in the 90's -- wow! But this too, is a wonderful opportunity to fellowship with old friends. More importantly, it's a great time for father & son bonding.

4 comments:

David H. Willis said...

I heard you rocked at HFC.

Danny said...

Could there be a Southman?

Anonymous said...

I just listened to the cd - nice job, and yeah you were seriously speed preaching, but what I can't believe is that you told the maestro joke at HFC!!

You know there are only 2 people in the world who think that joke is funny. :)

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

We are doing that in Septempber at the Midwest Preachers Retreat at Wisconsin Christian Youth Camp. It is a time I look forward to each year.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine