Monday, February 26, 2007

New Message Series -- 24


Regular readers of this blog (all three of you) know that I'm a big fan of the show 24. I got to thinking, "What if every believer lived a totally intense, sold-out-for-God life? What would it look like?" When Jesus called us to follow Him, His call was one of total commitment – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. He taught us that the greatest commandment is, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind” and the second is like it, “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:37-39).

What if, 24 hours a day, you lived like God wants you to live? Every hour. Every second. Every moment. Every heartbeat. Every breath. What an incredible difference it would make in your life and in the lives of others.

I’m staring a new sermon series this Sunday:
March 4 Worship – Loving My God
March 11 Witness – Living My Faith
March 18 Work – Learning My Role

2 comments:

David H. Willis said...

Preach it brother!

Anonymous said...

I knew Jack Bauer could be great preaching material. Now if the people don't listen do you get to torture them? Oh the possibilities...

It was great seeing you this past weekend and catching up. Sunday morning I had to chip and scrape about 1/2 inch of ice from all over my van. My locks were froze and the doors iced shut. It was fun!