Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

"O give thanks to the Lord for He is good." I think Thanksgiving is in the running for my favorite holiday (Christmas is the other contender). I woke up this morning at my parents house with the aroma is turkey in the air. Homemade cinnamon rolls and coffee were on the breakfast table. Lots of family members are coming over later for Thanksgiving dinner. (I'm starting to see a theme here, and it revolves around food).

But I like the intended focus of the day -- thanking the Lord for His blessings(one of my pet peeves is when people call it "Turkey Day" rather than "Thanksgiving" -- I'm not a jerk about it, I just think people are missing the point).

So I encourage you to spend some time reflecting upon the Lord's goodness to you. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: