Friday, February 24, 2006

Preaching


Today I'm going to Great Lakes Christian College, my alma mater. I'll be speaking to the Advanced Homiletics class. The Prof. wants me to talk about my preaching style; how I write sermons; where I get illustrations, etc. I hope I can communicate well.

I've been told that sometimes the chapel speakers come in and talk about all the pressures and pains of ministry. Like the preachers-to-be need to hear that! But I want to tell them that there is nothing as exhilarating in this world as being a spokesman for the Lord God of the Universe! We are commissioned to speak forth the Word of God, partnering with the Holy Spirit to change lives for eternity! How awesome is that? You can't blast me out of the local church. I've been doing this for 20 years and it still lights my jets.

"Hey, God spoke through a jackass once. He's using me. And there's hope for you guys too!"

No comments: