Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Why? M C A


So I’m at the YMCA today. And after working out, I headed for the showers. They were unusually crowded (probably 7 or 8 guys in there). So instead of being able to observe the“courtesy empty shower head” rule, I had to take a spot right next to some old dude. Next thing I know, everyone else had cleared out and it’s just me & him. Totally empty shower room, except two guys right next to each other. I felt like I was in the middle of weird Seinfeld episode. And I got out of there in a hurry!

Speaking of the YMCA... Over the years I have observed “Murphy’s Law of the Locker Room.” It is this: No matter which locker you choose, and even if the locker room is nearly empty, as soon as you pick a locker, someone will come in and his stuff will be in the one right next to you. This must happen at least 80% of the time. Or I'll come back to my locker after working out or showering and somebody will be right there. What's up with that?

No comments: