Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Resurrection Sunday

I am still pumped up about yesterday. It was fantastic! We did a sunrise service at 6:30. About 120 people in our old auditorium. It was very traditional. We sang the old Easter hymns. It reminded me of my growing up years in my little home church. That was followed by a breakfast. Then we had our regular services. Since we did the traditional thing at sunrise, we really cranked it up in the other services. The band was really on, and with about 150 more people than usual, the increased energy was noticeable (we had our third highest attedance ever). We sang Famous One, My Redeemer Lives, Shout to the Lord, Agnus Dei. We showed the That’s My King video clip (it can be viewed at sermonspice.com) and our lily white church got into it much more than I thought they would -- in fact, I got more postive comments about that than the sermon! A couple of our older teen girls did a great rendition of Nicole C. Mullen’s Redeemer (Joel "Botox Boy" Osteen doesn't have anythig on us). I preached on “What Difference Does Easter Make?” Then we closed out with You Are my All in All and Days of Elijah.

But the real highlight was at the end of second service when a couple came forward. They have been attending Cedar Creek for over a year. We have been trying to win him to the Lord. He has been a tough nut to crack because his Dad is a Lutheran minister (so he has really wrestled with the baptism thing). But we have loved and encouraged them, and yesterday they decided to obey the Gospel. But I had no idea they were coming, so I was stunned & excited and trying not to get verklempt. But there were not many dry eyes in the house. Yay God!

No comments: