Monday, June 05, 2006

Can I Get an "Amen"?

I'm preaching a series on the 10 Commandments. Yesterday was, "Do not commit adultery." But I turned it around and took a more positive approach, "Keep Sex Sacred." It was definitely a PG-13 (at least) message. Very blunt (but tasteful). Anyway, I got more positive comments about it than I have received from any sermon I've preached here. But here's the kicker: Most of them came from elderly women! Go figure.

A few memorable lines:
  • "In the Garden, Adam and Eve had sex. Lots of it!"
  • "Sex was God's idea. Yep, He thought it up! He created some of the parts of our anatomy for only one purpose -- pleasure!"
  • (when talking about how men should starve their eyes) -- "But ladies, when it's time to look, let him look! You might say, 'Well, I don't like my body', but that's not what matters, what matters is the fact that he likes it. And trust me, he does."
  • "I believe that, biblically speaking, the key to a healthy and vibrant marriage is frequent and passionate sex."

After church Luke said, "Dad, you said the word 'sex' WAY TOO MUCH today."

At least the teens paid attention for once!

No comments: