Monday, October 30, 2006

Georgia Family Camp

Had a great time in Georgia. The camp is in a beautiful location in NE Georgia. It was fun spending time with my good friends John Mitchell and Tony Washburn. And the people were very encouraging regarding my messages.

The trip home was an ordeal. My flight from Atlanta to Detroit was cancelled, so I had to catch a later flight. Then, when I got to Detroit (about 9:30pm on Saturday) I found out that my flight to Ft. Wayne had been cancelled (lots of flights were getting cancelled because it was really windy). None of the other airlines were going to the Fort that night either. So I had to rent a car (ironically, the reason I didn't fly out of Indy was so I wouldn't have to drive home late on Saturday night). Well the first four rental car places I called were sold out (apparently all of the other stranded travelers had the same idea). I was really starting to sweat (it was approaching 10:00 and I knew that I had to preach at the Creek the next day). Finally I found a place with a car. That's the good news. The bad news is that I couldn't get a one-way rental. So I have to return the car to Detroit today. Ugh.

2 comments:

David H. Willis said...

I hate it when that happens!

Anonymous said...

Poor guy...hey, but at least you had a good time in Georgia!