Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Rainy Tuesday

I'm blogging from Modoc's Market in downtown Wabash, Indiana (I'm here preaching in a Revival Meeting with the Church of Christ at Wabash). This place has an interesting history. The Market's location was once Bradley Brothers Drugstore and in 1942 a circus came to town. At some point an elephant escaped and made a beeline for downtown and the drugstore specifically. The elephant seemed to know what he was after because his destination was the store's peanut roaster. Modoc, the elephant, became an instant legend. The current market capitalizes on that legend with lots of pacaderm paraphernalia. The store has a espresso bar, a small grocery store, and offers free WiFi.



Yesterday I took a trip to nearby Peru, Indiana to visit Summit Theological Seminary. George Faull, one of my mentors in the faith, greeted me and gave me the grand tour of the place. Over the past 20 years, I have probably learned more about the Bible from this man than from anyone else. Thanks George for taking the time to teach and encourage me.

1 comment:

David H. Willis said...

George did get his Bible knowledge sitting in hospitable waiting rooms!